Saturday, December 26, 2009

Can anyone recommend a good face cream for dry, sensitive skin?

It depends on your skin type and the bucks you want to spend.





A great cheaper product is Eucerin. It can be found in drugstores and places like Target/WalMart. They have a few kinds including for sensitive skin(I am allergic to everything and it's okay for me), with sunscreen, extreme dry skin, etc. It is very lightweight and sinks in well, without greasy film.





A more expensive solution is MD Forte Advanced Hydrating Complex. It comes in Gel or Creme. It is in a smaller package, but a little goes a long way-I keep a tube for about 6 months. It is made for hydrating and stopping/preventing fine lines. It is very hydrating and you can feel your skin ';drink'; it in.


It can be purchased at any dermatologist, but if you are a cheapskate, like myself, I buy it at skin-etc.com-way cheaper than the $50 the doctor charges me.





Also, try exfoliating before moisturizing, and don't forget to moisturize before bed. These products don't break you out, because they soak in so quickly. xCan anyone recommend a good face cream for dry, sensitive skin?
Eucerin is very good for a cheap cream, very effective.





if you have a bit more to spend, Its called Skin Nanny by Lush cosmetics, Its 拢25 for a 45ml pot and is the best cream i have ever used. I suffered with very dry, sensitive skin on my face and i have only used this cream for 2 weeks and i can really tell a difference.Can anyone recommend a good face cream for dry, sensitive skin?
Great facial cream is ROC intensive anti wrinkle moisturiser, the best way to use any cream is to exfoliate first then watch the skin become smoother,fresher, and more glowing, exfoliating is the main secret of keeping great skin
E45 is my all time favourite. It's cheap too although I get mine free from the doctors because I have ezcema. I used shear butter once and it cleared up all my eczema and dry skin quicker than the expensive creams my doctor gave me. Can't remember where I got it from, possibly AVON. Also, if you live near The Body Shop they have some really nice creams such as Carrot cream and Hemp cream which smells so good and works really well also, slightly more expensive though! Hope this helps.





Oh and I've just remembered Clinique do some brilliant cosmetics. Although if you have dry skin stay away from toners as they dry your skin even more.
I'd recommend Simple Rich moisturiser, or if you tend to get spots and blocked pores, try Clean and Clear moisturiser. Basically anything that's non-perfumed should be fine, and if you have dry skin avoid the ones that are formulated for oily skin.
clinique dramatically different is always a safe bet.


cetaphil cream works too but it made me break out


i also rub organic virgin coconut oil all over my face to moisturize it once in a while. (dunno if you have it in the UK though... but virgin olive oil works too)
Eucerin redness relief night cream is great. It is safe for reactive skin (like rosacea, which I have) and moisturizes well without being too greasy.


If you have a little more to spend, I recommend Clinique.
I have tried lots.over the years. Johnson's 24hour facial moisture , for dry and sensitive skin , with shea butter, works..Also they do a night cream, called Dreams or something like that. About 拢3.99 each.
hiya, you can't beat NIVEA CREAM, its great for dry skin,you can buy it in super markets,and its cheap.but it does do the job.
clinique is the best you can buy. its great for sensative skin and keeps the skin moisturized. its pricey but its worth it.
I have very sensitive skin on my face.


I use Avon products and I don't react to them like I do to Nivia, and other shop brands.
I use Johnsons skin care moisturising cream its expensive but well worth it!! I have lovely soft supple skin, seriously you cant go wrong with it.





Oh if you have really bad dry skin i heard E45 is great !!! :)
Aldi sell a great anti-wrinkle day/night cream. Not sure if its done anything for my wrinkles but atleast my skin isnt dry anymore. At 拢1.99 a jar its worth a try! Good luck.
Ambi Even %26amp; Clear is amazing!





It's the only moisturizer I have been able to use without developing an allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment