Saturday, December 26, 2009

What is the most effective cream to use on my hands for dry skin? My skin is so dry it's cracking.?

Which ever one your choose,, just check the ingredients,, Make sure it has UREA in it .. It's always listed near the last of the list.. Makes a big difference.. Sometimes It Cost's A little More.. But Worth It !!!!!!!!!!





Good Luck





Great Question !!!!!!!!





Happy New Year !





.What is the most effective cream to use on my hands for dry skin? My skin is so dry it's cracking.?
From the drugstore, I like Eucerin Calming Creme, Fragrance Free, see it here...http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a鈥?/a>





My second favorite (much more luxurious!) is L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream...http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a鈥?/a>





Good luck! I hope you find relief.What is the most effective cream to use on my hands for dry skin? My skin is so dry it's cracking.?
Palmers cocoa butter is quite good (and it smells of chocolate too!) - check your local pharmacy.
ok at night if you can break off a piece of aloe vera plant and rub it on your hands the middle part it may have a light oder but dont worry then in the day time get you some St.Ives lotion the mineral therapy type xxxxxxxxxxccccccccceeellllllleeeeeeennnn鈥?for dry craky skin gl
What ever brand you find- try sleeping with your hands in rubber gloves with lots of lotion overnight.
Okay I had the same exact problems and my hands would bleed-it's stopped now and people compliment my hands all the time! This usually happens in winter months and you NEED to lotion your hands often! Use Vaseline or any petroleum jelly or glycerin which helps and if possible buy hand gloves to wear after you've applied lotion on your hands. Some Vaseline jars come with gloves check it out.


Good luck!
Try that new cow utter lotion. The bottle's got spots on it like a cow does. It is a GREAT lotion. I love it!
Eucerin is supposed to be the best, but if it is severe it will do nothing. You can try udder balm (they put it on cows teets after milking and in the winter) or there is also a lotion specific for people who work out at sea that my stepdad uses and says works very well. Sorry I don't have the name, but it has a fisherman on the front. Good luck with this I know your pain, last year I had severe dry skin on my hands and I saw a dermatologist who prescribed a vasoline type lotion.





Andrea
I am in Iraq and it is EXTREMELY dry here.





My hands and feet crack so badly they began to bleed last summer.





I was sent ';Personal Care'; Creamy Petroleum Jelly.


It is enriched with vitamin E and hypo-allergenic.





It absorbs almost immediately and leaves no residue at all.


The hands were better almost overnight, although I had to keep using it for a week before the symptoms went away for good. My feet were a different story, but even they got better after about 15~25 days.





It absorbs completely, so you don't have 'slippery hands' and it has no smell other than a very light aroma of petroleum jelly.
The best cream I have used is the Neutrogena Norwegian Hand Cream. It's small, but the lotion is so thick and moisturizing. I find that too many creams are too light, like water.
Any cream lotion works fine. Just make sure you are not allergic to some of them.
Gloves in a Bottle is the absolute BEST I've found at protecting my skin (after it's been restored). Gold Bond Ultimate Healing skin therapy lotion is what I used to restore it. Creamy Vaseline petroleum jelly is also good if you can stand the greasy feeling. I sometimes use it at night and wear cotton gloves or socks if moisturizing my feet. Hope this helps.
Try the lotions for a while. If those don't work...perhaps you should try a paraffin wax dip. You can go to your salon and see if they offer that service. My mother is a professional Hair Stylist and her hands are constantly in water and chemicals. Her hands get so cracked and rough they feel like sand-paper! She uses the parrifin wax dip and after that her hands are really soft and silky...you can use it on your feet too!





good luck!
There is a brand by the name of BADGER they make balms and creams - they are very good and all natural
I really like the Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream. It works really well, and continues to last through hand washing. According to the bottle it lasts for 24 hours. However, I generally reapply it quite often, because it isn't greasy I don't mind reapplying it as often as I feel like.
My husband is a carpenter and every winter his hands crack and bleed. He uses Neutrogena hand cream. Its concentrated so a little gos a long way. It really does help to heal and protect your hands from dryness.

No comments:

Post a Comment