Saturday, December 26, 2009

Having dry skin after using pimple cream..I know people say my skin could be allergic to it but its not?

The pimple cream is working, but do you try a moisturizing one or follow up with a moisturizerHaving dry skin after using pimple cream..I know people say my skin could be allergic to it but its not?
Pimple cream is supposed to dry out your skin somewhat, but not so much that it's bothersome. See what percentage of the active ingredient is in your cream and try to find something with a lower percentage, or switch to a cream with a different ingredient (the two most common are benozyl peroxide and salicylic acid). Also try finding an acne-fighting moisturizer... it won't dry out your skin but it also won't over-moisturize to encourage future breakouts.Having dry skin after using pimple cream..I know people say my skin could be allergic to it but its not?
I had the same problem, turns out, I wasnt allergic, but my skin was ';rejecting' the medicine.


Best is to see a dermatologist.


For the meantime, try using hypo-allegenic soap on the area, keep it clean (if on face, make-up free) and don't touch or attempt to prick it.


If you can get a soap or facial wash with tea tree oil, I suggesr\t try using that. Bodyshop has that.
Acne cream does that, it gets rid of all the oil and other bacteria that cause pimples, but at the same time it gets rid of all the moisture in your skin that doesn't cause acne. It makes your skin leathery. So you aren't allergic to it, its completely normal.
Pimples creams does tend to dry out the area affected by the pimple, that's why you have to keep up moisturizing your skin as well to prevent this side effect from taking over your skin. If it tends to affect your skin that much, try finding a more healthier pimple cream to prevent drying your skin out.
if its not then its good then what is the problem? u can use vitamin e oil also for the good skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment