Thursday, December 31, 2009

My cousin has itchy skin and it becomes very dry, what kind of cream or lotion can help it?

She gets so itchy and dry that her skin tears and it becomes verrrry flaky. So far, nothing ever helped.








I think it is hereditary.My cousin has itchy skin and it becomes very dry, what kind of cream or lotion can help it?
She could try a body oil. Neutrogena makes one that smells really nice, but getting good-quality olive oil works just as well. Use the oil in place of lotion and it can do wonders for dry skin. Also, trying to avoid hot showers helps. The heat of the water can actually draw a lot of moisture out of the skin, so using water that's room-temperature or only slightly warm is better. She also could try drinking more water. I have problems with the skin at the base of my fingernails getting dry to the point of cracking and bleeding, but I notice improvement if I drink lots of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment